Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )

Go down 
+3
Rashad
Sedrian
Kurzen
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kurzen
Banthalos
Banthalos
Kurzen

Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Empty
PostSubject: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 9:50 pm

Name: Kurzan O'Cuillean
Race: Cimmerian
Clan: Siblings

Description:
Kurzan is a young adult in his prime, though mature-looking for his age. He has a short beard covering his chin which is braided at both sides; it gives him a slightly wild and barbaric look. His hair is long and just as untidy as his beard, flowing down to his shoulders and meeting the hilt of the sword on his back. Kurzan chooses to carry two weapons by his belt, the ceremonial sword his father made him sheathed to his left, and whatever comes to hand at his right. An elaborate sheath has been crafted to hold the precious blade his father crafted. On his back is a great two handed sword, brutal and heavy looking which appears to have seen more use than the other blades.

History:
Kurzan was born into the new dawn by two parents from separate clans who had fallen in love. His mother was a member of the Siblings clan, a strong believer in Dyma, while his father was a proud member of Balance. Naturally, Kurzan was brought up to appreciate the world around him, his father worked as a blacksmith and was an accomplished soldier. He tried his best to influence his son at his young age into combat through heroic stories and tales of great battles, hoping it would rub off in his training when it came. There was however, dispute between his parents over Kurzans future. His mother wished for him to become a shaman or priest, to better attune himself to the gods, while his father wanted his son to become a proud soldier. During the evening while his father was in the woods however, his mother would take Kurzan and preach to him the ways of Dyma, and even at such a young age, and when he would become a man, that understanding had grown and rooted within him.
At the age of 4 he was taken from his sobbing mother’s arms and his father’s warming smile. It was clear from an early age that Kurzan would be no priest or spell weaver, as he had failed to show a hint of magical power. But he swiftly became familiar with the singing of steel and the grasp of a sword hilt. By day he would train by the sword out in the harsh relentless sun but by night he would be found in the library studying the lore of Damak, always before a skirmish he would pray to his god. His parents seperate ideals seemed to have merged together in him. Although the teachings stayed, his old family felt distant untill they were almost forgotten. His friends were his brethren now, his teachers, almost like parents.

((RP))
The time had finally come for Kurzan to be judged and he sat waiting upon a stone bench, his fists were closed together and his chin was rested upon them. He seemed deep in thought and his eyes were glazed over as he stared blankly into a pillar in front. He had been told by his superior to wait until he was collected and he had already been waiting a fair while, the tension building was within him. People could have mistaken him for a statue until he inclined his head towards the ground and moved his hands to his forehead muttering a prayer to Dyma as he heard footsteps approaching...

Last edited by Kurzan on Fri May 16, 2008 11:49 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sedrian
Theroshan
Theroshan
Sedrian

Character sheet
Name: Sedrian Araveromon
Race: Nemedian
Clan: Balance

PostSubject: Re: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 10:56 pm

((Best of luck with the new application Kurz, i like it more than the old one...unfortunately i cant bring my character in ICly has he hasnt actually joined yet))
Back to top Go down
Kurzen
Banthalos
Banthalos
Kurzen

PostSubject: Re: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 11:29 pm

(( Cheers, got my fingers crossed, I prefer this one too it's a lot more zealous and zealous = fun Razz ))
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet
Name: Rashad Mahdi
Race: Stygian

PostSubject: Re: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 12:56 am

(( kinda doubt anyone would try to teach a kid blacksmithing or architecture at 4 years old and prior, but otherwise good ))
Back to top Go down
http://www.hotnd.tk
Kurzen
Banthalos
Banthalos
Kurzen

PostSubject: Re: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 1:09 am

(( You have a point, it's more like talking to him about it than physically doing it though. But it is still quite young, I just wanted to try and make his parents have a bit more influence in his life but I can remove it if you like. ))
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet
Name: Rashad Mahdi

PostSubject: Re: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 1:11 am

(( well I understand that, it's one of the cruxes of being born in the new dawn though, you don't get much interaction with your parents as you're taken away at such a young age, making the oranisation as a whole more your family than your actual blood bonds. I think you should tune it down alittle bit for realism, you make it sound as if he worked as his fathers apprentice out in the smithy to me. ))
Back to top Go down
http://www.hotnd.tk
Kurzen
Banthalos
Banthalos
Kurzen

PostSubject: Re: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 5:43 pm

((OK, edited the story a little bit to avoid the problem Smile ready for the RP test! ))
Back to top Go down
Daroose
Theroshan
Theroshan
Daroose

Character sheet
Name: Daroose
Race: Aquilonian
Clan: Secrets

PostSubject: Re: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 5:55 pm

((it has to be Khalid or Ravil, doesnt it?))
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet
Name: Ravil Burly
Clan: Dyma

PostSubject: Re: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 5:57 pm

((Very much welcome in Dyma, for your RP story one of the guards could send him to the Dyma part of the temple to meet Ravil))
Back to top Go down
Kurzen
Banthalos
Banthalos
Kurzen

PostSubject: Re: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 11:37 pm

(( Thanks Ravil, but I want Kurzan as a follower of Damak. I think it would fit better with him being a melee fighters, incorporating the strength of the body and flesh. ))

A guard had appeared from around the corner, it was late morning, approaching the afternoon now and the sun was climbing in the clear blue sky. Kurzan rose and nodded at the guard before he started to follow him. Kurzan was clad in light chain mail just covering his torso with loose leather leggings, under his arm was a full-faced helmet, his two handed sword was not present, but both his short swords were sheathed to his belt. The streets were bustling and Kurzan had to weave his way through the crowd. Distracted as he was of the coming event he almost knocked down a hurrying woman carrying a vase rushing past him, just managing to rescue the contents he apolagised and hurried back up to the guard. He wondered how he would be judged, what he must do to prove himself. He turned a corner and the temple of the siblings came into sight. The sun shone greatly from behind it forcing him to shield his eyes on the approach. As he came closer he made out some figures waiting for him slightly silhouetted against the light. He took a brief pause to take in the majesty of the scene in front of him before walking closer to the temple and standing before them.
Back to top Go down
Perennial
Theroshan
Theroshan
Perennial

Character sheet
Name: Ravenna Perennial

PostSubject: Re: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:25 pm

((Hope you get in.))
Back to top Go down
Daroose
Theroshan
Theroshan
Daroose

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:28 pm

((Khalid can you just come and get him?))
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:31 pm

Kurzan wrote:
(( Thanks Ravil, but I want Kurzan as a follower of Damak. I think it would fit better with him being a melee fighters, incorporating the strength of the body and flesh. ))

((Dyma has fighters too, just healers as well, but if you have chosen Damak, fair enough Smile ))
Back to top Go down
Daroose
Theroshan
Theroshan
Daroose

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:43 pm

Ravil wrote:
Kurzan wrote:

((Dyma has fighters too, just healers as well, but if you have chosen Damak, fair enough Smile ))
Also by strengths of body and flesh it more refers to dark magic such as necromancy. Anyone can be in any clan, its based more on your personality and what roles you want to do in the guild, rather than your class.
Back to top Go down
Kurzen
Banthalos
Banthalos
Kurzen

PostSubject: Re: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:49 pm

(( Hmm, well I guess Kurzan does have good intents rather than a darker mind. Dyma may be ok then, i'll leave it up to you guys to decide and i'll edit my story accordingly =) ))
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 7:11 pm

Kurzan wrote:
(( Hmm, well I guess Kurzan does have good intents rather than a darker mind. Dyma may be ok then, i'll leave it up to you guys to decide and i'll edit my story accordingly =) ))

((Its up to you which Clan you wish to JOIN, its exactly what Daroose said, all classes can go in anY class, Making sure the chAracters personality fits it, but as you said, it can be easily edited. Nobody's trying to brain wash you into joining Razz ))
Back to top Go down
Perennial
Theroshan
Theroshan
Perennial

Character sheet
Name: Ravenna Perennial

PostSubject: Re: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 7:37 pm

Ravil wrote:
Kurzan wrote:

((Its up to you which Clan you wish to JOIN, its exactly what Daroose said, all classes can go in anY class, Making sure the chAracters personality fits it, but as you said, it can be easily edited. Nobody's trying to brain wash you into joining Razz ))

Good that the colours ain't annoying!
Back to top Go down
Anari
Theroshan
Theroshan
Anari

Character sheet
Name: Haseo
Clan: Damak

PostSubject: Re: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 7:52 pm

Oh yea, No brainwashing (join dyma)
Back to top Go down
Daroose
Theroshan
Theroshan
Daroose

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 7:58 pm

((well make a decision then you cant start your RP))
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 8:28 pm

Haseo wrote:
Oh yea, No brainwashing (join dyma)

(( Don't know what Your talking about My Absolutely mad friend!! Razz

But seriously, the decision is all yours Smile ))
Back to top Go down
Kurzen
Banthalos
Banthalos
Kurzen

PostSubject: Re: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 11:47 am

(( *eyes glaze over* Yes, Dyma... Dyma.... Dyma it is. srsly tho, ill go with dyma Razz ))
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 12:00 pm

((Nice one, pleased to have you with us))

As Kurzan approached the Temple of the Siblings, a figure dressed in a white robe with black patterns around it appeared in the large door way, "Hello there, please follow me and we can begin our talks" said Ravil to Kurzan, as he turned into the temple and began walking to the Dyma section. Sitting behind a desk he moved his hand to motion to a chair opposite him for Kurzan to sit in.
Back to top Go down
Kurzen
Banthalos
Banthalos
Kurzen

PostSubject: Re: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 12:11 pm

Nodding at Ravil he followed him into the temple, wiping some sweat from his brow as he did so. He didn't know whether it was the heat or his nerves that were affecting him. Kurzan quickly took his seat and placed his helmet on the floor next to him. He sat quietly, now waiting for the Dorini to speak.
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 12:18 pm

Ravil nods at him as hit sits, then begins, "Well, welcome to the Temple of the Siblings, I am Ravil Burly, Dorini of the Clan of Dyma, your name please?" asks Ravil, writing some notes down with a quill onto parchment.
Back to top Go down
Kurzen
Banthalos
Banthalos
Kurzen

PostSubject: Re: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 12:24 pm

"It's an honor Dorini Ravil, my name is Kurzan O'Cuillean" Kurzan watches the parchment intentely, the tenseness in him dissapearing, maby this wouldn't be so hard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )   Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 ) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kurzan O'Cuillean ( Take 2 )
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next