Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Herald of Xotli" and Kathia

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alberich
Theroshan
Theroshan
Alberich

Character sheet
Name: Alberich
Race: Aesir
Clan: Nature

"Herald of Xotli" and Kathia Empty
PostSubject: "Herald of Xotli" and Kathia   "Herald of Xotli" and Kathia Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 2:51 am

I posted this in the guild section as it is mainly about Kathia's stance on Demon worship, not the class "Herald of Xotli".

I can’t help but be attracted by the hybrid classes such as the Dark Templar, Bear Shaman and Herald of Xotli. They all break the mould of their stereotypical archetypes (i.e. A priest being saintly and “holier than thou”). I find these classes appealing and they would be fun to play and roleplay as/with but I seem to have trouble finding an appropriate clan in which they belong. Of course a person can join any clan if they give a convincing reason and background but I guess I’m not clear enough on Kathian politics to make a clear choice. This applies mainly to the Herald of Xotli, a class I am seriously considering choosing as my "main".

Which clan would welcome/tolerate a demon possessed, evil and bloodthirsty Mage (This is just what the class i described as, I know you could RP differently)?

Does Kathian culture even care about demon worship?

Perhaps the only possible explanation is if the background is turned around completely and the worship of “Demons” and “Xotli” is denied. Perhaps the Herald of Xotli could in fact be an avatar for the siblings? Chosen at birth or from a very young age to be a corporal link to the gods that Kathia venerate.

Obviously I am interested in making a new character for launch as the Bear Shaman, however tempting, doesn’t really seem to fit within the HoTND’s balanced culture (Volund is more of a drunken, grumpy, insulting, aggressive and generally barbaric character… not balanced at all Razz).

Finally, is there anyone playing this class in the HoTND and if so, which clan are you in?
Back to top Go down
Perennial
Theroshan
Theroshan
Perennial

Character sheet
Name: Ravenna Perennial
Race: Cimmerian
Clan: Dyma

PostSubject: Re: "Herald of Xotli" and Kathia   "Herald of Xotli" and Kathia Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 3:05 am

Oh, yes give demon worship!
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet
Name: Rashad Mahdi
Race: Stygian
Clan: Balance

PostSubject: Re: "Herald of Xotli" and Kathia   "Herald of Xotli" and Kathia Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:30 am

Okay this is a really relevant issue that needs to be put straight so I'm glad you brought this up, first off:
All sorts of worship and religons, aslong as they do not harm members of the New Dawn or are not too barbaric (for example including numerous blood and body sacrifices) are allowed to be conducted in the city, however the following applies:

- Those who have not converted to the faith of Dyma and Damak shall never rise above Shan're in rank.
- Attempting to convert others to your faith is illegal.
- Practicing your religon in public is illegal, you do this in private.

As for HoX, they most likely go to Damak as they alter their shape (many of the new dawn hox's including Rashad are of the faith that it is actually Damak and not Xotli that gives them this power.)

Bear shamans, nature. And they fit fine in the House.

Dark templar - Balance, Dyma or Damak

I hope this sufficiently answers your question.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hotnd.tk
Alberich
Theroshan
Theroshan
Alberich

Character sheet
Name: Alberich
Race: Aesir
Clan: Nature

PostSubject: Re: "Herald of Xotli" and Kathia   "Herald of Xotli" and Kathia Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 7:24 pm

Thank you for your answer Rashad, It's helped me decide my main Smile.

I think I will stick with Volund the Bear Shaman. I find I crave uniqueness in characters and to my knowledge Bear Shamans are an unpopular class, there are none in the guild and I've fallen in love with Aesir lore Very Happy.

Besides, If I was a haughty mage I couldn't drink myself silly with one Ravenna Perennial and get reported by Lapis Razz. (This is referring to a small bit of RP we did in the Chatbox a while ago.)
Back to top Go down
Perennial
Theroshan
Theroshan
Perennial

Character sheet
Name: Ravenna Perennial
Race: Cimmerian
Clan: Dyma

PostSubject: Re: "Herald of Xotli" and Kathia   "Herald of Xotli" and Kathia Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 7:57 pm

Volund wrote:

Besides, If I was a haughty mage I couldn't drink myself silly with one Ravenna Perennial and get reported by Lapis Razz. (This is referring to a small bit of RP we did in the Chatbox a while ago.)

*High five!*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Herald of Xotli" and Kathia   "Herald of Xotli" and Kathia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Herald of Xotli" and Kathia
Page 1 of 1