Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Page Claiming on AoC forum.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadoloo Tan
Dorini of Balance
Dorini of Balance
Shadoloo Tan

Character sheet
Name: Shadoloo Tan
Race: Stygian
Clan: Balance

Page Claiming on AoC forum. Empty
PostSubject: Page Claiming on AoC forum.   Page Claiming on AoC forum. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 5:24 pm

The AoC forum is soon being wiped, however, when the new AoC forum arrives can the people in question please not continue this page claiming thing on the official AoC House of the New Dawn recruitment board. It is slightly immature and i think it reflects badly on the Guild. Not to mention makes us look very desperate. And bumping by posting "bump" is also a bit unnecessary. The best way to bump the thread is to have conversations on it, preferably about the game.

Hopefully our new Recruitment post can look a bit more professional?

While i am on the subject of attempting to make the guild look more professional, i would like to vote on a rule of 'no use of leet speak' this includes that stupid new craze of people saying 'you fail!' ... I am not amused and do not wish to be surrounded by such people. This is after all supposed to be a 'Mature' MMO.

(Note: This is just an opinion and a request Smile)

Thanks!

- Shadoloo, the party pooper. Wink
Back to top Go down
Perennial
Theroshan
Theroshan
Perennial

Character sheet
Name: Ravenna Perennial
Race: Cimmerian
Clan: Dyma

PostSubject: Re: Page Claiming on AoC forum.   Page Claiming on AoC forum. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 5:28 pm

I concur, but 'fail' is not 'leetspeek'.
Back to top Go down
Shadoloo Tan
Dorini of Balance
Dorini of Balance
Shadoloo Tan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Page Claiming on AoC forum.   Page Claiming on AoC forum. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 5:31 pm

Perennial wrote:
I concur, but 'fail' is not 'leetspeek'.

What ever you call it, it seems to be the new craze of flaming noobs or other people on the AoC forums. All the leet kiddies who think they are all that seem to be replying with such immature remarks as "You fail" "Quote: Fail!" "Haha you fail!" and i don't wish to see this kind of nonsense spread any further.

Anyway, i suppose it is just my opinion and you are well in your right to disagree with that Smile
Back to top Go down
Perennial
Theroshan
Theroshan
Perennial

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Page Claiming on AoC forum.   Page Claiming on AoC forum. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 5:34 pm

I agree with you. I don't want to see random kids running about screaming and typing 'leet'.
My point being, one word don't have to be 'leet'.
Like fail, it all depends in which context you use it in. And, I know you are referring to me with that word, and I reply; far from 'leet'.
Back to top Go down
Shadoloo Tan
Dorini of Balance
Dorini of Balance
Shadoloo Tan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Page Claiming on AoC forum.   Page Claiming on AoC forum. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 5:38 pm

Perennial wrote:
I agree with you. I don't want to see random kids running about screaming and typing 'leet'.
My point being, one word don't have to be 'leet'.
Like fail, it all depends in which context you use it in. And, I know you are referring to me with that word, and I reply; far from 'leet'.

Oh i know, absolutely, the word fail is not leet speak it is completely the context in which it is written. Saying "I am afraid i failed today on my mission" or "You fail me again, and i will be displeased" are fine. But replying to someone who you disagree with and saying "You Fail!" is rude and has been adopted by the 'leet' kiddies on the AoC forum who use that word to belittle other people. I am not referring to you but to the clan in general and the things i see on the AoC board which i don't want to see here. Smile
Back to top Go down
Perennial
Theroshan
Theroshan
Perennial

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Page Claiming on AoC forum.   Page Claiming on AoC forum. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 5:43 pm

I agree totaly.

But, using, for example; Fail! You fail!
Is simply a manner of joke. If you know the person, it doesn't really matter how old you are, it's just a joke.

Nevermind that now.

No more page claiming and such, yes.
Would be better to 'recruit' via in-game RP.
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet
Name: Ravil Burly

PostSubject: Re: Page Claiming on AoC forum.   Page Claiming on AoC forum. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 5:49 pm

Sure thing, the page claiming is now over, mature conversations begin!
Back to top Go down
Shadoloo Tan
Dorini of Balance
Dorini of Balance
Shadoloo Tan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Page Claiming on AoC forum.   Page Claiming on AoC forum. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 5:53 pm

Ravil wrote:
mature conversations begin!

Oh, what ho, jolly good informative news paper this morning didn't you think? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Page Claiming on AoC forum.   Page Claiming on AoC forum. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page Claiming on AoC forum.
Page 1 of 1