Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aiming for Dorini.

Go down 
+5
Rashad
Daroose
Ravil
Lapis
Perennial
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Perennial
Theroshan
Theroshan
Perennial

Character sheet
Name: Ravenna Perennial
Race: Cimmerian
Clan: Dyma

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 3:46 pm

This would be the greatest achievement Ravenna could accomplish.

But, how does she come there?
She can't show her devotion and deepest virtue to religion. But, she can as stated before show her deepest faith in the prosperity of the clan and it's well being.
A body guard, one of them, is the goal for her.

So, exactly what must she do?

Some things I can foresee (I think).

* Full submission and devotion to the high ranks.
* Be loyal, trustworthy and a good role model for they with lower ranks.
* Know the rules of the trade.
* Be able to decipher unknown true intention.
* Be well knowledged with the background of Kathia.
* Show the utter respect for the religion which she lives so close by.

It may be more.
But, any of does which I have stated. Can they be altered and tweaked? Meaning, the last one about religion. She can respect but perhaps not understand why people serve a greater being?

And for some more questions.

* Being an outsider, can she still become one?
* Perhaps sounds queer but, as a girl, can she become one?
* Ill-tongued sometimes, perhaps quarrelsome from time to time (That's 'couse she's new).
* People from outside the Balance clan can still become one?

Edit note: new questions.

Last edited by Perennial on Tue May 13, 2008 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lapis
Dorini of Lore
Dorini of Lore
Lapis

Character sheet
Name: Lapis Nithotep
Race: Stygian
Clan: Lore

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 3:53 pm

Outsiders and women can become dorinis. Lapis is both.
Back to top Go down
Perennial
Theroshan
Theroshan
Perennial

Character sheet

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 4:02 pm

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet
Name: Ravil Burly

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 7:29 pm

Well since all clans have Dorini's, the best thing you could do is aim to become a Balah, then when the Dorini is killed/steps down ect, your there to take his/her place.
Back to top Go down
Daroose
Theroshan
Theroshan
Daroose

Character sheet
Name: Daroose
Race: Aquilonian
Clan: Secrets

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 7:56 pm

Yeah as Ravil said. anyone can become Dorini as long as there isn't already a dorini for that clan and the dathanar decides you would be a good dorini.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet
Name: Rashad Mahdi
Clan: Balance

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 7:58 pm

The absolute easiest path to become a Dorini:
Defeat the current Dorini in a duel while atleast half of the clan members are watching.

The second, more risky approach:
Kill the Dorini and bring proof of your deed to the Dathanar (this carries the risk of you dying trying)

Third:
Gain 75% of your clan members favour and have them put a vote of distrust, then vote you as their Dorini.

Fourth:
The Dorini steps down. however, theres nothing saying that you'll get to take over leadership afterwards.

Requirements for becomming a Dorini:
There are none, a Dorini can be picked from the ranks of Theroshan if need be. You can be male, female, hermaphrodite. As long as the Dathanar wishes to have you in his/her council.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hotnd.tk
Perennial
Theroshan
Theroshan
Perennial

Character sheet

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 10:17 pm

So, you are saying that only one can become the high-bodyguard?
Back to top Go down
Leikin
Shanre
Shanre

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 1:24 am

Theres no such thing as a high-bodyguard. The Danano are a rank as any other, and theres no particular levels in the Danano rank. Theres no limited number of Danano.
Back to top Go down
Alberich
Theroshan
Theroshan
Alberich

Character sheet
Name: Alberich
Race: Aesir
Clan: Nature

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:20 am

I think It will be interesting to see who goes where in terms of politics and ranks. Kinda worried that there's going to be far to many "overthrowing" though, everyone could want power and we could all end up killing each other for it Sad.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 9:36 am

Don't worry, I won't let that happen. It lies in Rashads interest to have a council that lasts more than a couple of weeks, so if a clan tends to switch out their Dorini too often, they simply won't be allowed to have one. Besides, you're supposed to be very loyal to your Dorini, if you can't play that role then you should not be in the New Dawn.
Back to top Go down
Shadoloo Tan
Dorini of Balance
Dorini of Balance
Shadoloo Tan

Character sheet
Name: Shadoloo Tan

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 12:45 pm

Are you saying that promotion is only done based on IC (In Character) actions?

Personally I think, in terms of guilds and such, Leadership should only be based on RL reasons. Just because someone is a good RPer (for example), does not mean they are a good leader. Plus Dorini's are not just leadership IC, they moderate these forums and they make important decisions about the guild.

I find it very difficult to function in a guild which has leadership I do not respect or think worthy of their position. Especially if they have traits such as immaturity, belligerence and delusions of grandeur.

I think it is very risky saying that the way to become a Dorini is to betray members of your own guild. In Character or not, Think of what problems this may cause down the line.
Back to top Go down
Perennial
Theroshan
Theroshan
Perennial

Character sheet

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:22 pm

How many Dorini can there be? One?
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:26 pm

For each clan there can only be one Dorini, yes.
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet
Name: Ravil Burly

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:27 pm

Yep, one Dorini for each clan.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:29 pm

Shadoloo Tan wrote:
Are you saying that promotion is only done based on IC (In Character) actions?

Personally I think, in terms of guilds and such, Leadership should only be based on RL reasons. Just because someone is a good RPer (for example), does not mean they are a good leader. Plus Dorini's are not just leadership IC, they moderate these forums and they make important decisions about the guild.

I find it very difficult to function in a guild which has leadership I do not respect or think worthy of their position. Especially if they have traits such as immaturity, belligerence and delusions of grandeur.

I think it is very risky saying that the way to become a Dorini is to betray members of your own guild. In Character or not, Think of what problems this may cause down the line.

The reason why you can take a Dorini position by defeating a Dorini is because of the second law, which claims that experience and strength gives the right to lead. This is a roleplaying guild and as such I've based the laws on IC and not OOC.

Why would Rashad want someone that is immature belligerent or has delusions of grandeur in his council? The Dathanar has the power to at any time strip a Dorini of his rank and power. (How well that sits with his/her clan is a different question.)

And yes, promotion is done based on IC actions. For the lower ranks it does not matter so much who you are RL and in the higher ranks we have to have good roleplayers to represent the guild.
Back to top Go down
Shadoloo Tan
Dorini of Balance
Dorini of Balance
Shadoloo Tan

Character sheet

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:34 pm

Rashad wrote:
Why would Rashad want someone that is immature belligerent or has delusions of grandeur in his council? The Dathanar has the power to at any time strip a Dorini of his rank and power. (How well that sits with his/her clan is a different question.)

Because any 14 year old could role play a 40 year old character and be fine in RP and IC. But then OOC could be like "Yeah cool, i wanna make my Clan the best most leet clan in this guild! woot lets kill everyone! yeah! As Dorini i order you make lots of posts on my board about how great i am"

And there would be nothing you could do, because if you say you base promotions on "IC" behavior then you would be contradicting yourself if you demoted someone for OOC behavior.
Back to top Go down
Perennial
Theroshan
Theroshan
Perennial

Character sheet

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:48 pm

Then I will strive to become one in my Clan.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:49 pm

I severely doubt that there is such a person that roleplays so well and behaves so badly. Besides, staying in the guild has to do with OOC behaviour aswell. I will kick out anyone that has a bad impact on the guild OOC or just pisses me off, this has been said previously.
Back to top Go down
Shadoloo Tan
Dorini of Balance
Dorini of Balance
Shadoloo Tan

Character sheet

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:49 pm

Perennial wrote:
Then I will strive to become one in my Clan.

In otherwords you plan to over throw Ravil...? Razz
Back to top Go down
Perennial
Theroshan
Theroshan
Perennial

Character sheet

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:51 pm

OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP! OK LISTEN UP!

DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!DONT GET ALARMED!

I MENT Danano NOT DORINI

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck D:

SO yeah ._.
Back to top Go down
Shadoloo Tan
Dorini of Balance
Dorini of Balance
Shadoloo Tan

Character sheet

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:52 pm

Rashad wrote:
I severely doubt that there is such a person that roleplays so well and behaves so badly. Besides, staying in the guild has to do with OOC behaviour aswell. I will kick out anyone that has a bad impact on the guild OOC or just pisses me off, this has been said previously.

Then I hope your IC promotion system works and the guild leadership does not become unstable, and I hope that every week we do not get a treacherous member plotting to kill their Dorini which they are supposed to 'Respect' because they are ambitious and want to be a leader in the guild so they can order people about.
Back to top Go down
Shadoloo Tan
Dorini of Balance
Dorini of Balance
Shadoloo Tan

Character sheet

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:53 pm

Perennial wrote:
I MENT Danano NOT DORINI

That's okay then Wink I'm sure the hysterics were not necessary tho Razz
Back to top Go down
Khalid
Dorini of Damak
Dorini of Damak
Khalid

Character sheet
Name: Khalid Osahar
Clan: Damak

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:53 pm

[Raises hand] im a Dorini, and a real a-hole irl Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Perennial
Theroshan
Theroshan
Perennial

Character sheet

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:55 pm

Bah, feel so stupid ),:

So, about my questions and such.

Ravenna can become a Danano?
Back to top Go down
Shadoloo Tan
Dorini of Balance
Dorini of Balance
Shadoloo Tan

Character sheet

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:57 pm

Perennial wrote:
Bah, feel so stupid ),:

So, about my questions and such.

Ravenna can become a Danano?

Yes, anyone can depending on their actions IC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aiming for Dorini. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aiming for Dorini.   Aiming for Dorini. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aiming for Dorini.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next