Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dyma+Damak=Origin?

Go down 
+6
Ravil
Lapis
Anamara
Shadoloo Tan
Sedrian
Rashad
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should Damak and Dyma be merged?
Yes
Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Vote_lcap47%Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 47% [ 9 ]
No
Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Vote_lcap53%Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 53% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
Shadoloo Tan
Dorini of Balance
Dorini of Balance
Shadoloo Tan

Character sheet
Name: Shadoloo Tan
Race: Stygian
Clan: Balance

Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 2:39 pm

How would we do it.... every RL 6 months change in leadership?
Back to top Go down
Anamara
Theroshan
Theroshan
Anamara

Character sheet
Name: Anamara Anok'Tsuten
Clan: Damak

PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 2:40 pm

Well, in the House of the rising sun we have the feast of Dyma and the feast of Damak on the rl daylight saving times (you know, when we have to change all clocks in the entire house for some now obsolete reason). So I guess we could do it that way. I don't know if the game will feature seasonal changes, but if it does, we could use ingame time for it.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet
Name: Rashad Mahdi

PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 2:42 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.hotnd.tk
Shadoloo Tan
Dorini of Balance
Dorini of Balance
Shadoloo Tan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 2:43 pm

Hmmm, may work. I'm ambivalent.
Back to top Go down
Khalid
Dorini of Damak
Dorini of Damak
Khalid

Character sheet
Name: Khalid Osahar

PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 3:03 pm

Well, im kinda out of any ideas in what to say about it. Sure it would be nice merging two religious parties of the guild, and later split them up. At any rate it all works fine with me. And i like that daylight savings idea alot, basicly if we merge.. Dyma will be the ruling hand at first then right?
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 3:55 pm

Yes, now it's daylight savings spring ahead. And somewhere around september it's Damaks turn.
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet
Name: Ravil Burly
Race: Cimmerian
Clan: Dyma

PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 6:16 pm

Hmm, ive come round to the day light saving idea, I think it would work, would there still be a separation actually in the clan? Some Dyma and some Demak.

-Yea, Dyma would be summer so I would be in charge, the other Dorini would still have many powers and pretty much be in charge....hmm...why cant we just have 2 Dorini's of one clan? If Religion is a big part of the guild then having two representatives would make sense....It would still be nice to do some kind of event for day light saving times.

I think I have changed my mind while writing scratch
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 6:17 pm

well there will be daylight savings events wether we merge the clan or not, it's the new dawns new year afterall. (yeah, 2 years in 1 normal year)
Back to top Go down
Alberich
Theroshan
Theroshan
Alberich

Character sheet
Name: Alberich
Race: Aesir
Clan: Nature

PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 12:53 am

I'm personally not sure about the daylight savings idea for a couple of reasons.

- Unity. Although the merging of the clans would result in two Dorini being in power in one clan, having one side with greater power over another, even if it does fit with RP, could create friction between clan members. This could possibly not be an issue if both Dorini and all clan members are likeminded, flexible and accepting of each others ideas, even when not in power for your "season".

- Real Life Constraints. I'm speaking from personal experience and as I'm unaware of others personal activities this could possibly not be an issue. In the summer I generally have more spare time, even if I do have a summer job or something to do during the day. Surely during the winter month’s people would be far busier with their schedules, resulting in less active members online at once and stricter time limits for those who follow Demak.

Wouldn't it just be easier and simpler to split the clans or completely unify them, not have this spongy middle ground?
Back to top Go down
Daroose
Theroshan
Theroshan
Daroose

Character sheet
Name: Daroose
Race: Aquilonian
Clan: Secrets

PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 6:35 pm

I agree. Although a little rivalry in the clan would be good, the clans should either be totaly merged or left separate. I mean if we merge them into one clan but leave them separate then its exactly the same as not merging them at all.
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 5:47 pm

So has a decision been made?

I'm all up for merging the clans and Khalid and myself having equal powers.
Back to top Go down
Atherius
Theroshan
Theroshan
Atherius

Character sheet
Name: Atherius Delaan
Race: Aquilonian

PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 6:52 pm

It is a very even vote.. 7 vs 6.
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 7:17 pm

I did vote no but have changed my mind so its 5-8
Back to top Go down
Khalid
Dorini of Damak
Dorini of Damak
Khalid

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:24 pm

i've kinda changed my mind a bit. Sure... the idea it'self is good indeed... But Dyma and Damak are sooo diffrent realy.

Example that follows;
dyma priest say: let's go heal something,
damak priest says: fuck no, let's kill it.

See the diffrence? ^^ No? here's another example.

Dyma priest: We are of the mind and soul, let's all hold hands and pray together.
damak Priest: Iggnorant sheep... i said let's go kill stuff, or atleast raize people then kill them again.

Should realy start to see the pattern about now... but here is another one just to be on the sure side ^^

dyma priest: Let's all sing and cheer for victory for our comrades!
Damak priest: Can i go kill that dyma priest and sacrifice her to Damak? it would boost our ritual alot... besides.. were bored.

In short words, i don't honestly think meerging the clans would be a good thing to do, i say let's keep waiting a bit longer til others join. And as a small note... The dyma and damak thingy is just they way -I- see it, doesn't mean it's how it is realy.
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:51 pm

heh Very Happy Well now for my version

Damak - Represents the dark, old men sitting in a dark quiet room, surrounded by books, snoring away.
Dyma - The light, outside, on the battle field, some fighting, some healing, drinking in the tavern but keeping true to the siblings.

Dyma priest say: We shall fight for Kathia, no matter how bloody and tiring it is!
Damak priest says: I think we will stay behind...lots of reading to do.

Dyma priest say: Let us head to the tavern, drink and sing with our brothers and sisters of the other clans now the fight is over!
Damak priest says: *Sleeping away* Zzzz...

I am all up for a merge,
If there is a separation in the clan, I would see Damak being the older and wiser side, and Dyma the younger side who look up to the wise priests of Damak.
However, I would prefer a complete merge with no rivalry and just a religious clan.

(Nothing personal Khalid Smile Just keeping the rivalry going)
Back to top Go down
Khalid
Dorini of Damak
Dorini of Damak
Khalid

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 12:18 am

None taken ^^

still at a split mind tough, it would be nice haveing just -one- major religious faction/clan...

We could merge the clans and both controll it? tough at every decition we make, we need the other ones confirmation and support to approve it.
Back to top Go down
Alberich
Theroshan
Theroshan
Alberich

Character sheet
Name: Alberich
Race: Aesir
Clan: Nature

PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 3:20 am

Quote :
We could merge the clans and both control it? Tough at every decision we make, we need the other ones confirmation and support to approve it.
This could either:

- Provide great opportunities to roleplay "opposing" factions of the religion, leading to great IC rivalries and feuds.

Or

- Cause great dysfunction and chaos if you disagree IC or out of character, leading to drama and personal friction.

All this depends on how well you two Dorinis think you can be "roleplay compatible", share leadership and share the same OOC vision for the clan. Ultimately the decision for the merge should be made by Rashad, Ravil and Khalid as they are the ones who will be most affected by the change (not that others won't be of course... Rolling Eyes ).
Back to top Go down
Anamara
Theroshan
Theroshan
Anamara

Character sheet
Name: Anamara Anok'Tsuten

PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 10:12 am

Ravil wrote:

[b]Damak - Represents the dark, old men sitting in a dark quiet room, surrounded by books, snoring away.

Hey. I resent that! "Old" and "Men"? Smile No cookies for you! *takes away the cookie jar*
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 1:30 pm

Lots of indecisiveness here, lots of 50/50 :/
Back to top Go down
Khalid
Dorini of Damak
Dorini of Damak
Khalid

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:03 pm

Let's keep the suggestion open still 'til AoC launches, more people will ofc join eventually. Not saying the merge is off, just saying that let's wait and see what happends first, there's a big possibillity that people might reroll chars and whutnut as soon at the game itself launches and pick another clan.

And on a sidenote; Im ok with a merge, also ok with having ravil as a dorini, also ok to be a dorini myself and work together.
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 7:14 pm

Seems like we are both good with having a merge + both being dorini's, up to the boss now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 7:21 pm

Decisions.. I will take some more time to think about this because it is an extremly important issue for the guild structure.
Back to top Go down
Shadoloo Tan
Dorini of Balance
Dorini of Balance
Shadoloo Tan

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 3:18 pm

I think this can go to the graveyard... unless you are still taking votes? Razz
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 3:48 pm

Yea, no need for this now, just getting in the way being a sticky Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dyma+Damak=Origin?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2