Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dyma+Damak=Origin?

Go down 
+6
Ravil
Lapis
Anamara
Shadoloo Tan
Sedrian
Rashad
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should Damak and Dyma be merged?
Yes
Dyma+Damak=Origin? Vote_lcap47%Dyma+Damak=Origin? Vote_rcap
 47% [ 9 ]
No
Dyma+Damak=Origin? Vote_lcap53%Dyma+Damak=Origin? Vote_rcap
 53% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet
Name: Rashad Mahdi
Race: Stygian
Clan: Balance

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 10:09 am

So I've got a rather valid suggestion from Shadoloo to merge the two clans Dyma and Damak, as I've been thinking of doing this for quite awhile myself I can't really ignore it any longer but I want to ask you guys what you think about this and I'll let a poll make this decision.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hotnd.tk
Sedrian
Theroshan
Theroshan
Sedrian

Character sheet
Name: Sedrian Araveromon
Race: Nemedian

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 11:41 am

I think theres been enough merging, I think the Clan leaders of Dyma And Damak need to get off their butt and recruit =]

In the future I was thinking my character Sedrian may leave Clan Balance and join one of the two Sibling clans.
Back to top Go down
Shadoloo Tan
Dorini of Balance
Dorini of Balance
Shadoloo Tan

Character sheet
Name: Shadoloo Tan

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 2:00 pm

Sedrian wrote:
I think theres been enough merging

The guild needs to be perfect for launch, now is the time to make the necessary adjustments which will help the guild in the future. At the moment there are too many clans and our numbers will be spread thin. We need to consolidate. I think at the moment we do not have that many members so now is the time to change things around for the better, if at all.
Back to top Go down
Anamara
Theroshan
Theroshan
Anamara

Character sheet
Name: Anamara Anok'Tsuten
Clan: Damak

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 2:20 pm

It's something I already suggested for the House of the Rising Sun.
I think, considering our current numbers, it's a good idea to reduce the number of clans and have clans with people in them rather than lots of empty ones.
Too many clans will also mean too many leaders compared to the number of members.
Back to top Go down
Lapis
Dorini of Lore
Dorini of Lore
Lapis

Character sheet
Name: Lapis Nithotep
Clan: Lore

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 3:55 pm

I like the Damak and Dyma to be separated, but it's no big issue to me. I think you could add clans afterwards if you feel the ned for it.
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet
Name: Ravil Burly
Race: Cimmerian
Clan: Dyma

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 5:54 pm

I have voted no because I think it works well as it is and I like the rivalry side
since being made dorini a couple of people have joined and I am hoping for more soon
Dyma will be happy to have you sedrian when you do decide to change.
Back to top Go down
Daroose
Theroshan
Theroshan
Daroose

Character sheet
Name: Daroose
Race: Aquilonian
Clan: Secrets

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 6:36 pm

I think they should merge because as Anamara said we havent got many members and so less clans means more members per clan. Also i think Dyma and Damak belong together, its more confusing to new members if they have to decide between to very similar clans. I honestly dont see any reason not to merge them together.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 9:00 pm

Also I think there would be just as much rivalry inside the clan as there would've been between the two different ones, as of course some will favour dyma while others favour damak. We also toyed with the idea earlier of having two leaders for that clan, one to represent the brother and one to represent the sister.
Back to top Go down
Sedrian
Theroshan
Theroshan
Sedrian

Character sheet

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 9:44 pm

At the end of the day the Clans are only sub-parts to the guild and if one particualr clan is smaller than otehrs i dont see that as being a problem as, regardless we're all still in the same guild and the Clans just give you some extra to RP with.
Back to top Go down
Lapis
Dorini of Lore
Dorini of Lore
Lapis

Character sheet

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 11:44 pm

Exactly - us players aren't the whole of the clan - if someone is the only member of the Damak clan she could still envision a priesthood backing her during council (and they won't elect a replacement either).
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 11:51 pm

Yes, I'm not so concerned with numbers as I am with actual logical rational structure of government.
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 12:08 am

Right, after I did all that recruiting this afternoon, and the one recruit who does come doesn't even go in my clan...I would like to change my vote to merge otherwise the religious clans will have 0 members.

EDIT: Well not 0....but still not many Mad
Back to top Go down
Alberich
Theroshan
Theroshan
Alberich

Character sheet
Name: Alberich
Race: Aesir
Clan: Nature

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 12:52 am

Perhaps merging both clans could be a temporary solution till HotND grows? A single religious clan could be better at launch, allowing for more interaction, easier recruiting and generally making more sense concerning government structure. Maybe later you could have a division of the clans into their own sections, which would allow for some diversity and would make a great RP event at least.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 1:22 am

thats a good point volund
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 1:28 am

hmmm yea good point
the splitting could be hard if one clan is see as a better choice

Another thing, the word religion makes people think it will be boring, somthing else to talk about
Back to top Go down
Shadoloo Tan
Dorini of Balance
Dorini of Balance
Shadoloo Tan

Character sheet

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 1:38 am

The word Religion shows that the Guild has a good in-depth role playing aspect. It is what serious RPers will look for. Especially in a game that is all about religion with many different gods that characters pray to; Krom, Set, Mitra etc...

I think 1 clan focused on religion is enough, and will be less confusing.
Back to top Go down
Sedrian
Theroshan
Theroshan
Sedrian

Character sheet

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 11:35 am

Well perhaps it would be best to merge them, i guess the 2 dorini's would co-lead it?
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 1:34 pm

Yeah, that's one of the ideas, question is how that would work.
Back to top Go down
Lapis
Dorini of Lore
Dorini of Lore
Lapis

Character sheet

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 1:40 pm

They could be two high-priests with Dyma being high priest during winter (static and cool spirit), and Damak being the high priest of summer (growth and rot)
Back to top Go down
Anamara
Theroshan
Theroshan
Anamara

Character sheet

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 1:43 pm

That's not a bad idea. each priest is in command for half a year, the other becoming an advisor/subpriest.

But Damak would be during winter, no? After all, the feast of Damak is when daylightsavings becomes active in autumn/winter (never can remember when exactly that is).
Back to top Go down
Shadoloo Tan
Dorini of Balance
Dorini of Balance
Shadoloo Tan

Character sheet

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 1:59 pm

I think if we went with the 2 High Priest idea they would have to be in charge all year round. Avoid confusion. It would still make sense, 2 High Priests, 2 Equal rank, 2 separate gods.
Back to top Go down
Anamara
Theroshan
Theroshan
Anamara

Character sheet

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 2:03 pm

actually, since one of the siblings is more focussed upon during each half of the year (starting on daylightsavings), I think it makes more sense that the one that's "in power" at that time gets "more power". they can stil co-lead, but with one of them having the final say. That would only affect the two of them,since they'd have to agree before giving decisions to their followers.
Also, some rebellion from the one "not in power" might give some nice rollplay.
And since when does religion have to be non-confusing Smile.
Back to top Go down
Shadoloo Tan
Dorini of Balance
Dorini of Balance
Shadoloo Tan

Character sheet

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 2:08 pm

I see what you are saying but it does go against the Guilds policy having one Dorini more powerful than the other. All Dorini's are supposed to be equal.
Back to top Go down
Anamara
Theroshan
Theroshan
Anamara

Character sheet

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 2:12 pm

Doesn't that remain if we have two dorini in one clan. Both would be in the council, giving the religious clan a larger presence and thus double the votes (if there's voting in the Council), thus making the religious clan more powerful than the other clans. (Yes I know we're one guild, but since we're devided in clans, rivalry between them is almost inevitable).
We could say that one's the Dorini of the clan, the other's a lower rank, and they change ranks depending on a yearly cycle. Which makes sense to me, as Damak would be more present or powerful during the darker times of the year when worship is focussed on him more, and Dyma on the other, thus making their followers more powerful. This also shows the fact that the Balance isn't always in equilibrium, but the scales tend to tip to one side, and to compensate they are tipped to the other side for the same amount of time (or something like that Smile ).
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 2:25 pm

Anamara wrote:
Doesn't that remain if we have two dorini in one clan. Both would be in the council, giving the religious clan a larger presence and thus double the votes (if there's voting in the Council), thus making the religious clan more powerful than the other clans. (Yes I know we're one guild, but since we're devided in clans, rivalry between them is almost inevitable).
We could say that one's the Dorini of the clan, the other's a lower rank, and they change ranks depending on a yearly cycle. Which makes sense to me, as Damak would be more present or powerful during the darker times of the year when worship is focussed on him more, and Dyma on the other, thus making their followers more powerful. This also shows the fact that the Balance isn't always in equilibrium, but the scales tend to tip to one side, and to compensate they are tipped to the other side for the same amount of time (or something like that Smile ).

Holy shit that actually totally makes sense for the daylight savings traditions, I never thought about that. It would be so obvious with a speaker of dyma leading the clan during the light side of the year and a speaker of damak leading it during the darker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dyma+Damak=Origin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dyma+Damak=Origin?   Dyma+Damak=Origin? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dyma+Damak=Origin?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next