Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Iagol-Ti

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Iagol-Ti
Banthalos
Banthalos

Iagol-Ti Empty
PostSubject: Iagol-Ti   Iagol-Ti Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 6:25 pm

OOC Info
1) How did you find out about us?: being the lurker I am I had been scouting the forums and found this clan, I liked the originality and the active nature.

2) Have you been in or are you currently in any other AoC Guilds?: No, I pre-emtivley have been looking into the game before getting it

3) Why do you want to join ? : I played SWG and was involved with some of the RP-ing on chimeria but found it hard to infiltrate already established groups and so with AoC tempting me more everyday I looked for a glan that seem to want serious RP as well as long term friends and you guys seem perfect.

IC Info
1) Character name, first and last.: Iagol-Ti (pronounced e-agul-tee)

2) Character race.: (Cimmerian for the bear shaman class as it seems most suited to his abilities however his heritage is unknown he considers himself of Zamoran decent like the brethren of inquisition.)

3) Character age.: 46

4) Clan you intend for your character to join: Lore

5) Character description.:

“Be As Mist child, akin to the earth and the skies but twin to none.
Learn the earth and study the winds, Sing of song and fear no evil.
For the warrior finds his valour in steel and flesh divides clear in fury
You shall forge kingdoms and wield destiny. For you are
Thought.
Ideal.
Freedom.”

~ “Limericks’ of the Brethren of Inquisition.” ~

A note thrown away by Iagol-Ti

I muse as my nights draw their twilight sheath, how will they remember me, a man of diligence but of slow specific pace. A horned moustache and a full head of withered hair, an aged face but untouched eyes, a dark complexion that belies a frost ridden birth. Will they call upon my tactical foresight or remember me as a learned healer, finding kin with the energies of his world. Will they in wonder remember as they pondered at my rituals, as I conjure my brethrens methodology, wielding incense and stones. For forty winters I have roamed, and now I riddle myself with such. I shall not have it. I must continue.

6) Character background.: “For his cradle will be the peak of our holy height. His skin shall betray the nest of the brutal winter and in his infancy he shall be enveloped, adopted by our brethren, to learn our ways, to live amongst us, as one of us a harbinger of thought. In the cusp of our monastery he shall know solitude. For he must undertake our trials as our ancestors set down. We hated, as the thousand heathens the inquisitors of the divine, for all our philosophical exploits we shall not foresee our submission. As would his blindness be his saviour for as his feet shall labour the pilgrimage so shall find a cause in this brutal world and from our darkened monastery his light shall carry wayward as we succumb to flame and steel. He of our last child, in his longevity he shall champion our cause, he in his longevity shall champion thought”

~A Wanderers Fate

Tomes of the Brethren of Inquisition ~

Scraps from the Journal of Iagol-Ti

It has been a several winters moons since I began my pilgrimage, in search of my god of study, the seven winters march was not without fruitarian for I met a man who mused of sibling gods, his devout clerical nature seemed strong, in our world a sermon of conflict and greed I chose it as my god of study I must continue to the holy peaks though. Returning prosperous infuses me with favour.

The ancient methods of my brethren are with me. I feel their spirits adorn my mantle, my rituals bar me safety and carry me wayward, the people of these dark cities fear a snake god but through my ancestral methods I am able to ease their plights, it gives me much bargaining freedom as I am bound righteously north.

It has been some time since the loss of my brethren, in homage to their cause I have decided to venture back north, away from my charred home deep in the black kingdoms, toward where I met he who spoke of sibling gods. As I hooked around a final verge I could in great clarity see civilization, much has changed since my pilgrimage. May they have welcome for a straggler, I may be able to open a house of healing and continue my scholarly

(For those not interested in reading the more wordy version of the character concept it goes as follows : Iagol-Ti was found abandoned on a mountain top that coincidently was considered holy ground by a bunch of monks from the black empire that would venture far north in pilgrimage. The monastery was founded on the idea of inquiring into the divine, each monk would select a god to worship and investigate so that eventually their theological pursuits would find the greatest god and bring balance to the lands. During Iagol-Ti’s pilgrimage to discover his own god he encountered a younger Rashad talking of the siblings and decided on choosing them as his deities. However on completing his pilgrimage he found his brethren dead, through bartering and providing medical treatment he made his way through Stygia and now see’s how Kathia has developed just on the horizon.)

7) Your characters reason to want to join : Iagol-Ti is a man of thought and great ambition, he wishes to join the clan and help build it and discover a great faith, he believes as a priest he can benefit the warriors as well as the minds of all.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet
Name: Rashad Mahdi
Race: Stygian
Clan: Balance

Iagol-Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iagol-Ti   Iagol-Ti Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:00 pm

(( very, very good application. Definetly approved. ))
Back to top Go down
http://www.hotnd.tk
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

Iagol-Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iagol-Ti   Iagol-Ti Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:32 pm

Rashad smiled softly to himself, he stood on a small hill overlooking the stream that led down to Brandoc Village just a few hundred meters away from the city that he had toiled together with his people to rebuild. A glance over his shoulder let him feel pride over what they had accomplished, once again the stone walls rose tall, protecting his people. The gate was solid and the watchtowers lit, patrolled to keep outsiders outside. He sat down there as he did every morning to meditate, to breathe in the cool mountain air and to listen to the raging stream or on other days, clucking flow of the river. The pale sun shone down through heavy clouds and allowed some warmth upon his skin which was as usual dressed in the rags of beggars robes. He slid his sword from its scabbard that he had laid down across his lap and let his fingertips glide across the polished metal that shone almost like fire in the dawning light. Finding no imperfection he turned the sword around to see the other side, so polished was it that it made a flash so strong and blinding he must turn his gaze away. Blinking he could swear he saw someone, something on the horizon, a dot in the distance somewhere far away.

And who might that be?

He asked himself, quietly and slowly sliding his weapon into its sheath again and standing up he fastened it on his back. His brow was furrowed in thought as his mind rummaged around to try and remember if there was anyone who was supposed to be heading home that day. Such an answer he could not find and started instead to walk towards whatever it was, the river on his right the forest on his left. Hearing the shrill cry of a hawk up in the sky he turned his head to answer, watching it change direction and head back home as instead ventured on towards the unknown.
Back to top Go down
Iagol-Ti
Banthalos
Banthalos

Iagol-Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iagol-Ti   Iagol-Ti Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 11:46 pm

A final earthy dune gave birth to his hope. He stood satiated momentarily, looking at the rolling stream that seemed to make no pennance for the land it coarsed through and today it flickered with stream life. The sun, in its sentient mold kissed his forhead, he felt the passing of hours and lighting a stick of insense, holding it to the sky he blessed it and as he discarded the burning ember, a glint seemed to pierce the light, a gentle pillar of glare in a moment of the wind grasped his attention.

"These eyes still bore the hawk" he chuckled wickedly to himself.

A grin coated his face at the site.
Unwavering from his course, he flinched with desire to tighten his attire, a mesh of hide and pelt that coiled in a seemingly chaotic fashion around the hunched shoulders of his form. Iagol-Ti proceeded a medley of trinkets, from bone to ritualistic stones adorned him, unusual markings could be read on his flesh up close though often muddled by his leather garments that coated his arm which atop an outstretch hand that could be likend to the blind in the dark spearheaded his way. while neither effected his perception he seemed to amble onward, to a point where it could be noted as a shuffle, yet while his movement seemed awkward, foreign and somewhat alien it in no way could be mocked as slow. While he never succumbed to haste he commanded swift motion and the earth swiftly forget the memmory of his feet.

Quickly a figure seemed to draw close unto him, a thorn on the landscape approached. Iagol-Ti continued unfaltered his hands now clasped together he beamed a smile at his visual aquaintance.

"The mist with us! Si! Hello there!" Laden with a thick accent his enthusiasm transcended dialect.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

Iagol-Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iagol-Ti   Iagol-Ti Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 1:07 am

Rashad heaved a sigh of relief as he came closer to the man he was walking towards, making out his shape and appearence he could not notice any war colours of clans that had become the enemy of his over the years. Then he decided to stop and instead wait for whatever guest was arriving in his way to be his host proper. Laying aside the large cylindric satchel he carries on his back and sitting down with his legs crossed he again placed his scabbard across his lap, seated next to the roaring river waiting for the stranger.
Back to top Go down
Iagol-Ti
Banthalos
Banthalos

Iagol-Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iagol-Ti   Iagol-Ti Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 1:24 am

Taking the natural heed of his now host. He carried his encumbersome self towards the bank on which Rashad now sat embroiled in familiarity. Taking a mutual perch he sat a few feet apart from him, unusually customary in his approach, as if two Wiseman sat atop a mountain plateau comparing their gods. From his plethora of tanned hides he unveiled a stone, laden with fluorescent dust, clasped tightly in his hand he waved it with slow but acute precession drawing a trailing shape in the air. A warm smile claimed his face and he again delved into his leather clad attire to reveal a few small stones, of no precious value but attractive in their simplicity, he nudged them towards Rashad, in peaceful offering and smiled again with much warmth.

“Si. I am Iagol-Ti your face does bear a twinge of remembrance. I have travelled so far. It is good to see a face who does not bring steel before sense.”
sincerity and friendship permeated his tone.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

Iagol-Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iagol-Ti   Iagol-Ti Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 1:33 am

The greatest warrior is he whom must never draw his sword.

He answers in kind, the pensive eyes that had been studying the newcommer lowered briefly down to the stones at which he turned his open faced palm that lay against his knee around so that his fingertips touched the ground.

There is no necessity to bring me gifts, I am not my belongings and beyond my own body and the blade which I have taken as my own I consider no material thing of value.

He offers the man a smile to show that he means no foul by declining his gift. His eyes return once more to study the man and a moment passes before he speaks again, his eyes locking then with the mans as he intends to exchange words.

I feel that I remember you from somewhere, that we have met before and that we exchanged words. I am Dathanar Rashad Mahdi of the House of the New Dawn. Who are you?
Back to top Go down
Iagol-Ti
Banthalos
Banthalos

Iagol-Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iagol-Ti   Iagol-Ti Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 2:40 pm

Responding to Rashads polite decline, he meerley bowed his head, a tatood band could be seen under his wirey main. He promptly seemed to go about another personalised custom, in where he cupped his hand to resemble a spade like object, thrusting it into the earth he buried the stones in a neat trench and in definitive silence he conjoined the soil with itself once more and proceeded to free his hand from dirt, clashing them into one another until satisfied.

"Si, it is good to see greed does not encompass you, for your eyes harbour familliarity. I believe we spoke many winters gone. when we wore younger mens clothes."
He continued between his attention to cleaning his hands and the conversation.

A gallant grin could be said to wear his face as he shuffled into comfort. His demanour seemed more relaxed, the aged man had a child like fashion to him but one that bore zest rather than immaturity.

"I am Iagol-Ti my friend, we spoke once of gods and it seems your ambitions do not fall prey to dreaming. For while I wonder you carve a dynasty." He bowed his head and nestled his hands, palms skyward in his lap."
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

Iagol-Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iagol-Ti   Iagol-Ti Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 5:19 pm

Rashad let his eyes study Iagol-Ti's face once more, taking in it's contours and distinctive shapes. Nodding slowly he let his fingertips that were already touching the ground catch a small pebble.

I remember being dissapointed that I had spent a long time in educating you of the siblings and what is to be known about them, only to be told later that you simply searched for knowledge and not faith.

A soft smile curls up on his face as he lets the hand holding the pebble raise to a height that is just below his chin but well away from his body as a soft flame erupts in the palm of his hand and licks gently around the stone.

Have you found what you sought in studying them? Since we last met I have walked the path and such things as grudge befalls me no longer. Such is only an obstacle to overcome.
Back to top Go down
Iagol-Ti
Banthalos
Banthalos

Iagol-Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iagol-Ti   Iagol-Ti Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 5:35 pm

A smirk lines his face, raising his palms mid way of his body and then together with a slight burst of force, that refused to compliment the atmoshphere, the grass before him seemed to grow and evolve into a small flower, if one devoid of petals. He finished with a great inhale of the air and after a short bow of his head he sat in silence and spoke once more.

"Your means are never lost on a open mind. Let us not forget knowledge and faith are interchangable one cannot exsist without the other. Belief can be justified it does not need rest of the lorrells of devotion. I still bear a philosophical mind my friend. But I do return to get closer to your gods. Faith is as equally important to me as knowledge."

He brushed invisible dirt from his shoulders and ruffled the remnants of his hair.

"Si-took,I can see you have progressed, as have I. Such comes with our past. Yet we cannot neglect our futures. It is the way of the winds I'm now with you, it has been quite the trial to come to your grace again, in times like this faith is important."
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

Iagol-Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iagol-Ti   Iagol-Ti Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 5:53 pm

Lowering gaze from his guests Rashad let his eyes stare into the fire in his palm instead. He sat so for awhile without replying to what his old aquaintance had said, simply letting the pebble be rolled around by the fire.

There is something you are not telling me.

He finally said, raising his eyes again to lock with Iagol-Ti's.

The friend of debate and questions I remember from long ago would not come to another man for answers to his questions but find such truths himself instead. What has changed, and what is it that drives you to me and my people?
Back to top Go down
Iagol-Ti
Banthalos
Banthalos

Iagol-Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iagol-Ti   Iagol-Ti Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 3:53 am

a wimsical frown drew its horozion across a burdend face, and pronounced from parched lips came the most significant plea of the age.

"My Si, Si-took a si., I have foun humillity I siege limits, I do not search faith in the philosophical realms. I am one with mist, with earth dust and wind. I conquer a realm tht cannot be done with blade. You know as well as I do. Allies forged from wisdom are mighty. Mighty indeed. I just hope you acept this old haggered face as the wimsical vagabond of yester. I see faith in this place. A remnant of a forgotten warmth.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

Iagol-Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iagol-Ti   Iagol-Ti Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 12:52 pm

Rashad lowers his head, and his face becomes solemn. He heaves a deep sigh and straightens his back once more, meeting Iagol-Ti's eyes again.

We've lost much in the last year, too much. Famine strikes some people, plague others. We suffered under the minds of others who sought to destroy us because of what we are. Now we are a shatter of what we were.

Looks down at the stone in his hand, the flame has gone out and he tosses the pebble into the stream next to him.

Some things you can't control, others you can. And I will bring my people back to what they were and beyond, that is my purpose. If you want to aid me in that then Kathias gates stand open for you.
Back to top Go down
Iagol-Ti
Banthalos
Banthalos

Iagol-Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iagol-Ti   Iagol-Ti Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 1:17 pm

A grimmace shoots into life on the pallete of his face, briefly he sheds a moment of despair and gently grinds some soil between his fingertips.

"Such strife, such strife Si...It would be an honor to aid you, Mayhaps I shall open a school of healing? For that seems how we must combat the fouls of disease, they strike through armours like the mightiest of spears, but let us have...faith..it can be combatted."

Ascending to his feat and asserting his outfit into its upright comfertable measures he bows his head to Rashad and brings a smile to ease the pain in his words at best he can.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

Iagol-Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iagol-Ti   Iagol-Ti Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 12:42 pm

Rashad stands aswell, brushing the dirt from his clothing and straightening his robes he returns Iagol-Ti's smile before turning towards Kathia.

In any case I must return to my duties, I have already spent my meditation time and more upon our discussion.
Back to top Go down
Lapis
Dorini of Lore
Dorini of Lore
Lapis

Character sheet
Name: Lapis Nithotep
Clan: Lore

Iagol-Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iagol-Ti   Iagol-Ti Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 10:44 pm

A very good application - you are most welcome in the clan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Iagol-Ti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iagol-Ti   Iagol-Ti Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iagol-Ti
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Applications :: Applications-
Jump to: