Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Faithful Endeavour.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Perennial
Theroshan
Theroshan
Perennial

Character sheet
Name: Ravenna Perennial
Race: Cimmerian
Clan: Dyma

A Faithful Endeavour. Empty
PostSubject: A Faithful Endeavour.   A Faithful Endeavour. Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 2:22 pm

((This is an RP about religion and faith. Mostly there will be discussions about how your character came in touch with religion, why he/she started to believe or disbelieve in it. Nothing here should reflect what you think in real life 'couse that may start unwanted off-topic discussions.))

((I also would like to note that if I explain some scenery wrong, is because I need to guess how things look like. Please correct me if so.))

Early morning arose and gave a magnificent spectrum of colour upon the sky. A gentle and cool breeze flowed within the temple walls. Bird chirping their aubade ever so early. Trees even them did a morning dance as the breeze gently caressed the treetops. Leaves faltered down due to the air which jolted about. Small grains of dirt and sand winnowed away when the breeze came, forming small marks on the road as it passed.
Ravenna was walking about, she held her head rather low, not looking the early-birds of people who was up as well. Different culinary smells teasing her, asking her to come closer.
As she was walking the main road, the two grand towers of Dyma and Damak. How they exalted in their splendour, negating the small buildings around it. The sun was hindering her to take a good look at them as he rays where strong when they broke through the morning clouds.
Now, standing in the middle of the black and white monoliths. This is where her mind strayed. No much information have been given her. Walking aimlessly, trying to smile and nod when people spoke to her about Gods, clans whatnot. A try, a sigh...
She entered very carefully the black tower of Damak's stairs. Big wooden, engraved door was opened slowly with a small crack. A room of worship and prayers she entered. Rows on pews was seen and emblems of different kind of things she couldn't even imagine. Walking close by the pew, she lowered herself down, putting her hands on her lap. Looking around, silently, thinking for her self.
A clan divided by reason yet entwined by Gods. This would be a ride yet to be seen.
Back to top Go down
Anamara
Theroshan
Theroshan
Anamara

Character sheet
Name: Anamara Anok'Tsuten
Race: Stygian
Clan: Damak

PostSubject: Re: A Faithful Endeavour.   A Faithful Endeavour. Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 9:33 am

Anamara enters the worship area from a side entrance. She wears a small black dress. Just inside, she stops to look around, brushing at a fold in the skirt. While it covers all the essential parts, she just knew it would give her at least disapproving looks from Khalid if he saw it. The thought made her smile. She just loved teasing the old goat. Stretching herself, she scans the area. A surprised look appears on her face as she sees the woman sitting on the pew. She was sure she had seen her before, a disciple of Dyma, if she wasn't mistaking. With snakelike grace she moves to the front area. Stopping there, she looks up at the light falling in from the large window, and then waves at it. Again, her lips curl into a smile.
Back to top Go down
Perennial
Theroshan
Theroshan
Perennial

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Faithful Endeavour.   A Faithful Endeavour. Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 2:21 pm

Ravenna had her eyes closed and let the light spew over her like a river ever so angry. She could hear someone come in; a girl, she knew that due to to lithe steps. Could be an assassin as well, which she dismissed fast.
Slowly her eyes opened and she could see the young girl clad in pitch black. Arms moving from her lap to the top of the pew, spreading them out some. With a low and almost soothing voice she spoke
: Isn't it hard to find grace in something you can't see?
Voice wasn't filled with animosity, no, not this time. As someone falling into a void of lassitude she lent forward, having her arms on the front pew, which she rested her head on
; Life is just a fantasy of someone we will never see. Or, at least for me. I don't blame others.
It was hard to know if she was just talking for herself or if it was aimed at the single girl which recently entered.
Back to top Go down
Anamara
Theroshan
Theroshan
Anamara

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Faithful Endeavour.   A Faithful Endeavour. Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 3:41 pm

She turns around and walks down the isle, still smiling and with a light spring in her step. She moves over to the bench where Ravenna is sitting, plopping herself down on the edge. Lifting her legs, she lets her feet rest on the bench before them, her head tilting back, her eyes roaming the ceiling.
Soooo.... you're one of Dyma's aren't you? What brings you to our lovely temple?
She lifts her hand, starting to twine some of her hair around the index, almost absentmindedly.
Maybe you've decided that the physical side is a lot more interesting than the... Waves with her other hand not so physical one?
Back to top Go down
Perennial
Theroshan
Theroshan
Perennial

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Faithful Endeavour.   A Faithful Endeavour. Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 4:01 pm

Eyes peering at her as she walked slowly against here. The petite girl was still smiling whilst walking. Head tilted some.
"One of, that might sound a little harsh." A little sigh was emitted from her mouth. Voice was low and somewhat cold. "I don't know anything about Dyma, except they are...zealots and wanting to protect her knowledge. Protect I can. Show my faith in...yeah, I can not." She remained silent for a little while until she closed her eyes. Still, letting the light dance upon her face.
"I believe in what I can see, hear and taste. I believe in that nature is the one thing which should be praised and respected. Oh, how we take the lush verdant forest ever so granted. How we ignore the crystalline water which flows and cools us. The chirping of birds which sings aubades...for us, and how do we repay all this?" A small sigh could be heard. "By populating an ever so decreasing planet. Large bulwarks, strongholds, cities, kingdoms over a vast and innocent plain." Head turned to the girl. "So, I have a hard time thinking that everything happens for a cause, that everything we do is already written in the book of lies...pardon me for sounding do blunt. But, I've seen things, feel things which could make you doubt that we are all...here for a reason."
As she lent back some, having her knees pressed on the front pew and head lent back, looking up as well.
"Of course, I understand how people might find grace, rejoice and a sense of companionship. And, that's about it."
Back to top Go down
Anamara
Theroshan
Theroshan
Anamara

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Faithful Endeavour.   A Faithful Endeavour. Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 9:17 am

Her eyes follow the cracks in the ceiling, then she giggles.
You sure use a lot of words. Maybe you should have a talk with old goat... I mean Dorini Khalid. Between thet two of you, you could spin a conversation that goes on for days.
But if you're having such a hard time believing in what can't be seen, why did you join Dyma's group? Why not join Damak?
Back to top Go down
Perennial
Theroshan
Theroshan
Perennial

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Faithful Endeavour.   A Faithful Endeavour. Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:43 pm

Eyes closed again and she spoke. "Well, I just hope I get the time to speak with him...How do I reach him?"
Back to top Go down
Anamara
Theroshan
Theroshan
Anamara

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Faithful Endeavour.   A Faithful Endeavour. Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:33 am

She laughs out loud, shifting a little. Just walk around the temple and look for a sleeping old man. Big chances that's him. Or you could check the Council Chamber. Last time I found him sleeping there. Seems noone bothered to wake him when they ended the meeting.
Back to top Go down
Perennial
Theroshan
Theroshan
Perennial

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Faithful Endeavour.   A Faithful Endeavour. Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:29 pm

She did nod as her when her soft voice vibed across the room. "Very well. Though, I have a hard time finding my way here. I am still somewhat confused and, I need to catch up with reality. Perhaps you can lead me?"
Voice was still low, but not as cold like before. She began to stand up, hoping she would accept.
Back to top Go down
Anamara
Theroshan
Theroshan
Anamara

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Faithful Endeavour.   A Faithful Endeavour. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 9:12 am

She keeps quite for an instand, then puts her feet on the ground, stretching before she gets up. Sure, why not. It's not like I have anything else to do.
She turns to the nearest side entrance, leading to the living area of the temple. Let's start over here, shall we?
Back to top Go down
Khalid
Dorini of Damak
Dorini of Damak
Khalid

Character sheet
Name: Khalid Osahar

PostSubject: Re: A Faithful Endeavour.   A Faithful Endeavour. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 11:21 am

Quietly; Khalid sits mumbling and writing diffrent scrolls and parchements in his chambers located underneath the temple in the basements. The door to his chambers is open, but in the way a blackdressed female stands frozen still like a statue guarding the entrance [Zahra]. Thoose whom are close to the temple can occationally hear Khalid's voice silently echoing trough their minds, preaching often angerly.
As Anamara and Perennial journey's trough the temple they both hear;

All who does not recognize Damak as a God or his sister Dyma, are not worthy of the gift of life. The New Dawn will eradicate all who opposes the will of the Siblings, spraying forth like a vile ocean of disease.
Sounds quite dissturbing some people would say... people around in Kathia are getting used to Khalids rambeling, most are just talk realy, tough he does have his moments when his sayings come true.
Back to top Go down
Zahra
Danano
Danano
Zahra

Character sheet
Name: Zahra un Osahar
Clan: Secrets

PostSubject: Re: A Faithful Endeavour.   A Faithful Endeavour. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 11:23 am

Zahra stands at the door, waiting to be approached. Silent moans can be heard occationally.
Back to top Go down
Anamara
Theroshan
Theroshan
Anamara

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Faithful Endeavour.   A Faithful Endeavour. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 1:22 pm

Shakes her head as Khalid's voice invades her mind. I really wish he would stop doing that. Well, at least we can be sure he's around.... and he's not asleep for once.
She keeps smiling as she leads Perennial down the stairs into the basement.
Back to top Go down
Perennial
Theroshan
Theroshan
Perennial

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Faithful Endeavour.   A Faithful Endeavour. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 1:42 pm

Ravenna just nodded in submission for once. She walked slowly behind the petite female, awaiting whatever might come ahead.
Back to top Go down
Anamara
Theroshan
Theroshan
Anamara

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Faithful Endeavour.   A Faithful Endeavour. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 4:59 pm

She lead Ravenna through the maze or corridors, pointing out several interesting areas. Finally reaching Khalid's room, another smile spreads on her face. She walk up to Zahra with a light tread.
If it isn't the talkative girl. Say, is your father around?
She looks amused at Zhara.
Back to top Go down
Zahra
Danano
Danano
Zahra

Character sheet
Name: Zahra un Osahar
Clan: Secrets

PostSubject: Re: A Faithful Endeavour.   A Faithful Endeavour. Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 12:10 am

Zahra nods firmly one time and takes a sidestep, motioning her hand towards the open doorway.
Back to top Go down
Anamara
Theroshan
Theroshan
Anamara

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Faithful Endeavour.   A Faithful Endeavour. Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 9:32 am

She grins widely, putting her hands in her sides. No, don't tell me. He's expecting us?
She shakes her head, mutting something about "old goat", then knocks on the door.
Back to top Go down
Khalid
Dorini of Damak
Dorini of Damak
Khalid

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Faithful Endeavour.   A Faithful Endeavour. Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 8:53 pm

Khalid being in deep studies with papurus and scrolls scatterd all over the room looks up from the pile towards the door, and with a angerd and yelling (as always) tone in his voice he says;
Damn it! Why can't you people just leave me alone! I-... oohh, nevermind, do come in... didn't expect pleasant company down here in the basement...
Back to top Go down
Anamara
Theroshan
Theroshan
Anamara

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Faithful Endeavour.   A Faithful Endeavour. Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 9:05 am

A sly smirk spreads across her face. So you think I'm pleasant company? We didn't wake you, did we?
Ignoring any glances she might get from Zahra, she steps inside, practically pulling Ravenna with her.
This woman wants to talk to you, Dorini. She seems to have some doubt about whether she should follow Dyma or Damak.
She gives Ravenna a little shove toward Khalid.
Back to top Go down
Khalid
Dorini of Damak
Dorini of Damak
Khalid

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Faithful Endeavour.   A Faithful Endeavour. Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 2:43 pm

Khalid et's of a small grunting noice;
hrmpf.... very well, enter already then little one. You too theroshan please.
khalid beckons the two over to him and gestures towards the chairs at his desk.
I am Khalid Osahar... High priest, exarch of Damak and a Dorini of the new dawn.
Khalid coughs in his hand.
Now then... what is it you wish to ask? and please... no stress.
Back to top Go down
Anamara
Theroshan
Theroshan
Anamara

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Faithful Endeavour.   A Faithful Endeavour. Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 10:08 am

Grins widely as she whispers to Ravenna. Yes, no stress. Don't excite the old goat too much, we're rather fond of him.\
She moves to lean against the wall close to the door, putting one foot against the wall and folding her arms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Faithful Endeavour.   A Faithful Endeavour. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Faithful Endeavour.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: In Character :: Kathia-
Jump to: