Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

War +...Balance?...

Go down 
+3
Alberich
Atherius
Sedrian
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sedrian
Theroshan
Theroshan
Sedrian

Character sheet
Name: Sedrian Araveromon
Race: Nemedian
Clan: Balance

War +...Balance?... Empty
PostSubject: War +...Balance?...   War +...Balance?... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:55 am

I dont really see what merging War and Balance has achieved, the goals of the two seem rather different, where one tries to keep balance and ensure the religion is upheld, the other is about fighting, surely it'd make more sense to have put balance in with beast and nature, I think we should discuss this since i personally see (so i foresee some others may) that this isnt really a decent decision.
Back to top Go down
Atherius
Theroshan
Theroshan
Atherius

Character sheet
Name: Atherius Delaan
Race: Aquilonian

PostSubject: Re: War +...Balance?...   War +...Balance?... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 1:03 am

It will make us religious soldiers. While this might not be a bad thing it does give the military arm of the New Dawn a very strong internal base of power. It will make us both inquisition and fist, or should I say, judge and executioner. Then again, as we are based around this religion having the army be both the keeper of the faith and the armored fist might work out. I must admit I both agree and disagree.
Back to top Go down
Alberich
Theroshan
Theroshan
Alberich

Character sheet
Name: Alberich
Race: Aesir
Clan: Nature

PostSubject: Re: War +...Balance?...   War +...Balance?... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 1:30 am

I suppose in roleplaying ideology, some defining features of the clans conflict but I can see the positives of the merge. By merging some of the clans that contain similar types of people (i.e. both Balance and War contain militaristic organisation and function) you create bigger clans with more power, perhaps leading to more prominent relationships between clans.

With that said, I see that maybe Balance needs to be an individual clan. The function of it reminds me of one of my favourite quotes:

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" - "Who will guard the guards?"

There could be a lot of good roleplay tension between the clan which thinks itself the first line of defence/attack and therefore the "Guards" (War) and the clan is constantly seeking out balance and ensuring the religion is upheld and therfore the "Guards of the Guards" (Balance).

Finally Sedrian, I am curious about your suggestion that balance be put in with beast and nature. Why?
Back to top Go down
Sedrian
Theroshan
Theroshan
Sedrian

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: War +...Balance?...   War +...Balance?... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 10:56 am

Volund wrote:
Finally Sedrian, I am curious about your suggestion that balance be put in with beast and nature. Why?

Simply because nature is about balance, Nature cannot be upheld without the correct balance of...well everything, from oxygen levels in the air to the amount of certain animals...those who are interested in the nature of the world are probably there to keep nature intact and would be likely to try and uphold the balance to do so. Though that is semi-dependant on how you define Balance, because blanace can also be considered relative to the balance of human emotions, though even so i dont see what relevance that has to War.

Im not totally convinced that the merge was thought through properly, nor that it made simple sense to the higher ups either, id of thoguht some form of conversation wouldve taken place with the members of this guild before they went ahead and made the change.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet
Name: Rashad Mahdi
Race: Stygian

PostSubject: Re: War +...Balance?...   War +...Balance?... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:02 am

Okay, let me explain who the perfect soldier of the New Dawn is:

He knows the three laws as if they are his basic instinct, it's been beaten into him through training since he was four years old, never retreat, never leave anyone behind and never fight against an opponent which is below you unless there is no other alternative. He is a honorable soldier, he tries to always think about how his actions will affect his clan and how it will portray his Dorini as it was him or her that was responsible for his training and even now for keeping him in line. He follows the path of balance and to this purpose he is reserved, he would never insult anyone voluntarily and he would rather keep his thoughts inside than start an argument, if someone dishonors him he settles the issue with his blade, not with words. He knows that his duty in life is to become the best soldier that he can be while he is alive and that he will end his days in an honorable death on the battlefield.

The purpose of the clan of war and the clan of balance is the same. While the clan of balance is on an individual level, fighting crimes against the balance, the clan of wars function is to be the New Dawns army, and since the New Dawn follows the path of balance the goal for any war is in compliance with the balance if not completely for the purpose of the balance. And so the war does what the balance does but on a larger scale.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" - "Who will guard the guards?", Volund, why should I want to destroy the possibility of the clan becoming corrupted in the future? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.hotnd.tk
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: War +...Balance?...   War +...Balance?... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:06 am

And I would have waited, I did ask first if the clan of war was alright with this, and the clan of balance only has one member whom hasn't been here for a very long time now and we don't know if he's coming back or not. Also I wanted to make the structure of the guild simpler not to scare away new people. But of course if you can come up with a reason I can't ignore for why we must have both clans I will bring the war clan back. And I think you also need to consider that it is the balance clan we have left now, not the war clan, the war clans duty was only to be an army, and this is now incorporated into the balance clan.
Back to top Go down
Lapis
Dorini of Lore
Dorini of Lore
Lapis

Character sheet
Name: Lapis Nithotep
Clan: Lore

PostSubject: Re: War +...Balance?...   War +...Balance?... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:42 am

I think the War clan benefits from the merge - an army isn't original, but this can be.
Back to top Go down
Atherius
Theroshan
Theroshan
Atherius

Character sheet
Name: Atherius Delaan
Race: Aquilonian

PostSubject: Re: War +...Balance?...   War +...Balance?... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:47 am

Lets see if I have understood this fully, I will try to be short. The clan of Balance are now the soldiers and steel to uphold the three laws. They does not back down from a fight, but nor do they provoke. Balance fulfills the role of guardian two-fold, guardian of the people and guardian of the faith. A twin aspect of protection. They guard themselves, just as their superiors guard them...

Warriors for both gods and kin.

And it makes the structure simpler also simplifying the political landscape a bit.

I like this. And can not find a reason it should be changed Cool
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: War +...Balance?...   War +...Balance?... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 12:41 pm

Exactly atherius
Back to top Go down
Sedrian
Theroshan
Theroshan
Sedrian

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: War +...Balance?...   War +...Balance?... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 6:59 pm

I just didnt want the War aspect diluted by the Balance activists is all but it seems that with such a few Balance members contributing to the merge it shouldnt make much of a difference except to give us War-men (and women) a more political and religious reason for fighting, sounds ok to me in that case.
Back to top Go down
Sedrian
Theroshan
Theroshan
Sedrian

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: War +...Balance?...   War +...Balance?... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 7:00 pm

Curiously, what will the new name be?
Back to top Go down
Khotis sepath
Theroshan
Theroshan
Khotis sepath

Character sheet
Name: Khotis Sepath

PostSubject: Re: War +...Balance?...   War +...Balance?... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 7:05 pm

currently the name of war+ balance. is balance. which does sound good and fits well with our roles
Back to top Go down
Gwildyr
Theroshan
Theroshan
Gwildyr

Character sheet
Name: Gwildyr Gandohar
Race: Cimmerian

PostSubject: Re: War +...Balance?...   War +...Balance?... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 10:35 pm

Regement of Justice^^

...sorry.... *slaps myself* - I'll never do that again...
Back to top Go down
Alberich
Theroshan
Theroshan
Alberich

Character sheet
Name: Alberich
Race: Aesir
Clan: Nature

PostSubject: Re: War +...Balance?...   War +...Balance?... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 5:48 am

Seems like the clans have been consolidated for the better then Smile .

Quote :
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" - "Who will guard the guards?", Volund, why should I want to destroy the possibility of the clan becoming corrupted in the future?
Good point... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sedrian
Theroshan
Theroshan
Sedrian

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: War +...Balance?...   War +...Balance?... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 9:20 am

Ive been thinking on it and how would it work if the new War/Balance clan was renamed - Order, that way its got the best of both worlds, Balance - because you are trying to maintain the equilibrium, War - Because Order can often only be found with war.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: War +...Balance?...   War +...Balance?... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 12:09 pm

Not to say that Order isn't a nice name, it is. But Balance will stay because it relates to the path of balance which is an extremely important part of the guilds culture. Same thing with the clans Damak and Dyma relates to the guilds religon. That's why I'm looking for a new name for the clan of nature because it dosen't really fit with the system, same for lore and secrets really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War +...Balance?...   War +...Balance?... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

War +...Balance?...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Out of character :: Guild Discussion-
Jump to: