Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do not become an architect

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet
Name: Rashad Mahdi
Race: Stygian
Clan: Balance

Do not become an architect Empty
PostSubject: Do not become an architect   Do not become an architect Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 4:50 pm

Alright, as we've already seen, building buildings is extremly expensive and a huge guild effort. Therefor we cannot afford to support more than one architect, theres also no reason to have more than one. Thus, do not pick architect as your proffession.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hotnd.tk
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet
Name: Ravil Burly
Race: Cimmerian
Clan: Dyma

PostSubject: Re: Do not become an architect   Do not become an architect Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:29 am

Rashad wrote:
Alright, as we've already seen, building buildings is extremely expensive and a huge guild effort. Therefor we cannot afford to support more than one architect, theres also no reason to have more than one. Thus, do not pick architect as your profession.

Interesting discussion to be had here, I see you point in that it costs lots to build the city, but if only the guild leader should build it then why make it a profession for all to select.

Secondly it is a 'guild city' for the whole guild to build, not just for the guild to collect recourses and the leader build. It will still cost the same amount of recourses, just different people would build the buildings/walls etc.

Then again, is there even enough to be build for more than one or two people to be able to get their architect skill up enough.
(Not completely sure how professions work as I am not at that stage in the game yet)

Just read architects also build "siege engines", so maybe we could do with more than one for future sieges.
Back to top Go down
Yasura Mukantagara
Dorini of Secrets
Dorini of Secrets

Character sheet
Name: Yasura Mukantagara
Clan: Secrets

PostSubject: Re: Do not become an architect   Do not become an architect Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:35 am

I'm picking skinner for armour smith anyway, but my alt will be an architect and offer her services to guilds.

Last edited by Yasura Mukantagara on Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet
Name: Rashad Mahdi
Clan: Balance

PostSubject: Re: Do not become an architect   Do not become an architect Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:20 am

The reason why I think it's not economical to have more than one architect is because the skilling up is not done by actually building things, but by turning in plans to the trader. Now, the more architects we have the more plans will need to be turned in. Each tier of the architect requires roughly 8 plans which means 16 parchment and 8 ink parchment running at 75 silver a piece and ink at 50. Later tiers will probably be even more expensive. So in my world of economics it's more profitable to raise up one skilled architect than several, it would also be less time consuming.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hotnd.tk
Mjadib
Theroshan
Theroshan

Character sheet
Name: Mjadib
Clan: Damak

PostSubject: Re: Do not become an architect   Do not become an architect Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 6:48 pm

Cheaper to have just one architect and we dont really get to decide where to build walls and buildings so the city will look the same no matter who builds it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do not become an architect   Do not become an architect Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do not become an architect
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Out of character :: Guild Discussion-
Jump to: