Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Development of Kathia.

Go down 
+4
Atherius
Ravil
Lapis
Kurzen
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kurzen
Banthalos
Banthalos
Kurzen

The Development of Kathia. Empty
PostSubject: The Development of Kathia.   The Development of Kathia. Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 3:57 pm

Level 40 is on the horizon for our leader and some of our members and then it will be time to raise up the Scaffolding and get to work. So this threads basically for questions and updates on the production of the city. Cities are still zoned rather than instanced so there are still other player cities in that zone (however we can't attack them. That's for the border ranges) and there are also enemy cities that will will be npc controlled, constructed and launch attacks on us.

All buildings in the city have 3 tiers of construnction. With it becoming more and more effective and better looking with each tier. The buildings also provide bonuses to the city and guild members, whether these benefits go with us away from the city I don't know, but things like the Temple will grant priests invulnerability to certain magic or the Thieves guilds grant bonuses to damage. In what form these bonuses will be given i'm unsure.

Here is a fairly decent source of information on the city.
http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Player_City#How_does_the_process_of_building_a_city_actually_work.3F

And here is another listing different buildings available.
http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Guild_city

A third useful source that explains the process of building up the city as well as the differences between the guild city and battlekeeps (the actual thread is a flame thread but the information is useful xD)
http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=54237

I am unsure if where we build the city has an effect on its looks like and what materials the walls are made of. That's something i'd like to know if anyone can chip in. As far as I know Kathia is going to be in Laceish Plains, the other two zones are Purple Lotus Swamp and Potain.

As soon as Rashad is 40 and so long as we have 24 members, he will be able to book us a spot. This will reserve us a piece of land on which to build our city.

Add any more information or ask questions and I will see if I can find the answer.

Last edited by Kurzan on Thu May 22, 2008 12:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lapis
Dorini of Lore
Dorini of Lore
Lapis

Character sheet
Name: Lapis Nithotep
Race: Stygian
Clan: Lore

PostSubject: Re: The Development of Kathia.   The Development of Kathia. Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 5:01 pm

Awsome!

You have really sped ahead. I long after the day I can join in citybuilding, I am unfortunately still only at lvl 12... Rolling Eyes

Check the member rooster to see which professions we have before planning so we can bost many members at once. I also know that there will be three different citylooks, stygian, aquilonian and cimmerian (one for each zone).
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet
Name: Ravil Burly
Race: Cimmerian
Clan: Dyma

PostSubject: Re: The Development of Kathia.   The Development of Kathia. Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 5:52 pm

Nice thread Smile
I have myself a little plan so I can join you all sooner than expected. In two days, the AoC disk should come, I now have Vista working so I can install and play, I will play AoC for a week before sending laptop off to get the screen, mouse buttons...(loads of stuff) fixed, this means up to two weeks not playing.
Or I might send it off now so I don't miss two weeks of the subscription, tough decision Mad
Back to top Go down
Atherius
Theroshan
Theroshan
Atherius

Character sheet
Name: Atherius Delaan
Race: Aquilonian
Clan: Balance

PostSubject: Re: The Development of Kathia.   The Development of Kathia. Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 7:11 pm

Question: We know npc's will attack our city, so what will we do to defend it?
Once we get things going and we all have characters, perhaps balance should plan ahead a bit and set up guard responsibilities. After all, we are the defenders of Kathia and once the attacks sets in some of us should be on hand to aid our own npc-guards. I suggest we have some sort of rooster, making sure at least 1 person is in the guild city at any one time and that at least two from Balance remain in/very close to the city, so they can respond on very short notice.

As we grow and expand we will probably come under player-attack sooner or later, and as such we should expand the size of our guard in relation to our own size. Right now we have 30+ members so I suggested 3 people (1 random, 2 balance). As we reach 40 we should have 4 guards and 50 would be 5 guards (2 random, 3 balance) and so on.That way we would always have someone on hand to defend.

As soon as my own character reaches the 30-40s (and I have yet to create one, coming the 23rd) I will of course participate in guard duty myself. If one is set up that is and once we have a city. Does this sound feasible?

As for the computer problem you have, it is your decision. Starting a week later or waiting two weeks after starting. I do not know which one would be worst.
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Development of Kathia.   The Development of Kathia. Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 7:29 pm

About your question, to do with guarding, we can (as a guild) hier NPC to help defend.
Back to top Go down
Atherius
Theroshan
Theroshan
Atherius

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Development of Kathia.   The Development of Kathia. Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 7:34 pm

Atherius wrote:
After all, we are the defenders of Kathia and once the attacks sets in some of us should be on hand to aid our own npc-guards.

I knew we could hire npc guards. I just do not trust them to stop our city from being destroyed on their own.
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Development of Kathia.   The Development of Kathia. Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 7:36 pm

Heh Smile Hmm,I hope they will do there job, but if they do have problems I guess we could have some people on guard who could shoutout to the others we the city is being attacked. just have to see how good the NPC are. king
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet
Name: Rashad Mahdi

PostSubject: Re: The Development of Kathia.   The Development of Kathia. Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 8:26 pm

Just to let you all know, Rashad is currently level 34
Back to top Go down
http://www.hotnd.tk
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Development of Kathia.   The Development of Kathia. Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 8:33 pm

What level is needed to buy the guild city + How much silver/gold?
Back to top Go down
Atherius
Theroshan
Theroshan
Atherius

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Development of Kathia.   The Development of Kathia. Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 8:52 pm

I think it was level 40 and 1000 gold.
Back to top Go down
Kurzen
Banthalos
Banthalos
Kurzen

PostSubject: Re: The Development of Kathia.   The Development of Kathia. Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 8:54 pm

I hope the attackers are smart and difficult. It would be pretty crappie with a pathetic rabble just storming through some open gets getting killed there. I want to see seieges and walls being taken down and and armies at our gates and and and! *is dragged off to a corner*

I also agree with Atherius, i'll probably spend a lot of time at the city anyway. Maby it would be best if everyone set their path of asura to the city ( I assume you can ) so they can join the action from anywhere to defend.

Ravil: The guild leader needs to be level 40 and the guild must have 24+ people. I don't think it costs anything to buy the city the sense of silver and gold but to build it we need lots of resources. Walls, towers, buildings are all seperate and need building individually too.

"To book a city spot, you yourself need to be the Guild Leader, level 40+, and have 24+ members. If you meet those requirements, you can simply choose to reserve a piece of land in one of the so-called “resource and gathering areas”. " - From age of conans community site.
Back to top Go down
Mjadib
Theroshan
Theroshan

Character sheet
Name: Mjadib
Clan: Damak

PostSubject: Re: The Development of Kathia.   The Development of Kathia. Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:03 pm

Atherius wrote:
I think it was level 40 and 1000 gold.

1000 gold?! That sounds near impossible, got 10 silver after saving for 28 levels. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Development of Kathia.   The Development of Kathia. Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:39 pm

1000 Gold is loads Shocked, the equivilent of 100,000gold in WoW (I think....maths always confuses me), but since I havn't played AoC yet, money may have a different value.
Back to top Go down
Atherius
Theroshan
Theroshan
Atherius

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Development of Kathia.   The Development of Kathia. Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:38 pm

I might be wrong then. I just thought somebody mentioned it here somewhere earlier? No matter, if all else fails we shall turn to robbery. Highwaymen all of us.
Back to top Go down
Anari
Theroshan
Theroshan
Anari

Character sheet
Name: Haseo
Clan: Damak

PostSubject: Re: The Development of Kathia.   The Development of Kathia. Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:29 pm

My friend is a lvl34 Necromancer, and his guild has got one, He said that its like Next to Nothing money to get the city deeds, but then the Buildings cost alot, He has less than a Gold, Dont know if that helps.

Haseo
Back to top Go down
Perennial
Theroshan
Theroshan
Perennial

Character sheet
Name: Ravenna Perennial

PostSubject: Re: The Development of Kathia.   The Development of Kathia. Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 3:06 am

I will ding 40 today, Thursday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Development of Kathia.   The Development of Kathia. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Development of Kathia.
Page 1 of 1