Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An Aquilonian fragment

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Yasura Mukantagara
Dorini of Secrets
Dorini of Secrets

Character sheet
Name: Yasura Mukantagara
Race: Stygian
Clan: Secrets

An Aquilonian fragment Empty
PostSubject: An Aquilonian fragment   An Aquilonian fragment Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:18 am

((this doesn't have a link with our guild so I didn't post it in the story section))

O Poitan, how do I envy what you stand for…your beauty, your personality. Your high mountains, forming the landscape and surrounding us, are like immeasurable fortresses, protecting us from the unknown. Your graceful rivers and colourful lakes provide us with fertile valleys and resources we need for survival, from the little shells to the giant salmons. Your thick forests, abundant stone quarries and rich ore veins provide us the foundations of civilisation. O Poitan, you give birth to the noblest of blood, the flower of the Aquilonian cavalry, and the world envy our power and glory! We are proud and we are strong! O Poitan, everlasting blessings to you and the generations to come…

Eunice Palatina, daughter of a Poitanian noble and proud defender of the lion banner. Yes you read it right, a woman bearing arms. Ofcourse, it did not occur just like that. In fact, women are not supposed to fight and belong in their home, waiting for a forced marriage for the good of their family! During her birth, Eunice was already a very lively baby, not so much for her crying, but more for the restlessness, always on the move, trying things out, touching or eating unknown objects and so on. Eunice ventured many a times our of the family’s estate aswell, and not without punishment, though her status made her barely feel it. When she grew up she disputed with her brothers or other young guests, acting boy-ish, usually winning when it came to physical contests. Impossible to be instructed in the arts of war because of her gender, she practiced by herself with a stick, and later on managed to persuade the weaponmaster in the estate to learn her secretly the ways of combat. Her family being more and more suspicious quickly put a lookout on her, resulting to the discovery of her practice and the severe punishment of the weaponmaster. Luckily it did not end her training because Eunice and her instructor built a sense of camaraderie. As her brothers were also trained, and were ofcourse less effective than her, they participated to the yearly contest where the Poitanian nobility was put to the test and the winner being overladen with praise and fame, and more importantly, to honour the family’s name. As you could guess it, Eunice participated in secret, doing her best to look as a boy by cutting her hair and wearing man clothes. Ofcourse, she was scared of what might happen in case she was revealed in public, the humiliation and blame on her family…she would not lose! And win she did, but not without downsides. She was unable to claim her prize because of the risk to be unmasked; Eunice decided to flee on horse, leaving it somewhere behind and listen to the strange tale of her brothers about an unknown boy winning the contest and disappearing afterwards, also raising quite a lot of eyebrows aimed at her awkward haircut. Eunice smiled back with a happy face...

((this might be the foundations of an alt of mine, gimme commentz!))

Last edited by Yasura Mukantagara on Wed May 28, 2008 11:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alberich
Theroshan
Theroshan
Alberich

Character sheet
Name: Alberich
Race: Aesir
Clan: Nature

PostSubject: Re: An Aquilonian fragment   An Aquilonian fragment Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:14 pm

I liked it a lot!

Reminds me of those heroic tom-boys that I love so much (such as Alyx from HL2 Very Happy). Just out of curiosity what class are you thinking of? I could see her being a barbarian actually, not in the usual sense (i.e. loincloth, massive axe, "rawr!" etc), but a master fencer that wears light armor to allow for lightning speed.

Sort of like this:
An Aquilonian fragment Female+Fighter3
Back to top Go down
Yasura Mukantagara
Dorini of Secrets
Dorini of Secrets

Character sheet
Name: Yasura Mukantagara
Race: Stygian
Clan: Secrets

PostSubject: Re: An Aquilonian fragment   An Aquilonian fragment Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:34 pm

Actually I was thinking of a guardian with polearm spear/pike-like and maxed out damage stance with a load of evade buffs Smile

something like this, but more armour ><
http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/photos/Full38452.jpg

((don't know how to add pics myself btw))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Aquilonian fragment   An Aquilonian fragment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Aquilonian fragment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Out of character :: Age of Conan-
Jump to: