Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guild History and Information on Kathia

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alberich
Theroshan
Theroshan
Alberich

Character sheet
Name: Alberich
Race: Aesir
Clan: Nature

Guild History and Information on Kathia Empty
PostSubject: Guild History and Information on Kathia   Guild History and Information on Kathia Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 8:58 pm

I can't help but think that there's important parts of the guild history and background of Kathia that I'm missing. I originally thought that the guild was based in Stygia as the Ranks/Titles/Lore all seem very "arabic" for lack of a more suitable word. Is there some cache of info that I'm missing that tells me where the guild is based location wise? The History section of the Wiki is still missing (Not moaning, just stating Razz).
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet
Name: Rashad Mahdi
Race: Stygian
Clan: Balance

PostSubject: Re: Guild History and Information on Kathia   Guild History and Information on Kathia Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 9:00 pm

yeah it is missing, but to inform you, kathia is supposed to be built in the north east mountains of Khoraja
Back to top Go down
http://www.hotnd.tk
Alberich
Theroshan
Theroshan
Alberich

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Guild History and Information on Kathia   Guild History and Information on Kathia Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 9:09 pm

Right, thats pretty much cleared everything up Very Happy.

Heres the link I used to read up on the New Dawn's location:

http://hyboria.xoth.net/gazetteer/khoraja.htm
Back to top Go down
Perennial
Theroshan
Theroshan
Perennial

Character sheet
Name: Ravenna Perennial
Race: Cimmerian
Clan: Dyma

PostSubject: Re: Guild History and Information on Kathia   Guild History and Information on Kathia Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 1:39 am

I feel lost yet home.

Anyone else seem discombobulated?
Back to top Go down
Alberich
Theroshan
Theroshan
Alberich

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Guild History and Information on Kathia   Guild History and Information on Kathia Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 6:41 pm

I don't suppose we could get some sort of timeline Rashad? I'm not sure exactly when everything happened in the history of Kathia.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Guild History and Information on Kathia   Guild History and Information on Kathia Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:17 pm

that you would find on the lore page. http://homepage.hik.se/student/ck22fg/newdawn/html/lore.htm
Of course it does need more stuff on there, but it is what we have for now.
Back to top Go down
Alberich
Theroshan
Theroshan
Alberich

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Guild History and Information on Kathia   Guild History and Information on Kathia Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:40 pm

I've already seen the timeline a while a go, I completely forgot about it Embarassed...

Overall though I'm still slightly confused about Kathia. I guess I'm just very, very picky. I like to know everything I possibly can about the area I'm roleplaying in as I hate to get things wrong in the middle of a session. Its things such as lore or decisions I should know about but haven't actually found out yet from written lore.

Are we waiting till launch to fully flesh out the history and lore?
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet
Name: Ravil Burly
Race: Cimmerian
Clan: Dyma

PostSubject: Re: Guild History and Information on Kathia   Guild History and Information on Kathia Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:41 pm

Is there anything more to add?

I guess you could put the discovery of the enemy city (the NPC city) about 2months before AoC.
Back to top Go down
Alberich
Theroshan
Theroshan
Alberich

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Guild History and Information on Kathia   Guild History and Information on Kathia Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:45 pm

It's not so much about completely new lore, more about making it easy to find and more coherent. I searched through the wiki when I first joined and had to start this thread to find out where Kathia actually was, simply because it wasn't easy to find or the information's not there.

This isn't a flame, just a personal concern of mine. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Guild History and Information on Kathia   Guild History and Information on Kathia Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:49 pm

No I think you're absolutely right, though, to be honest, I'm not exactly sure what to write down, what do you want to know about Kathia that I haven't already described?
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Guild History and Information on Kathia   Guild History and Information on Kathia Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:50 pm

I see you're on the forum now, perhaps you can log on the chat and we can talk about it?
Back to top Go down
Alberich
Theroshan
Theroshan
Alberich

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Guild History and Information on Kathia   Guild History and Information on Kathia Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:58 pm

Well, I'm kind of piecing it together and I think I'm grasping the "feel" of Kathia. My worry is that others joining the New Dawn will be equally... ignorant(?) about Kathia's background, look and location.

Rashad, your description in the RP section of Kathia is great, the timeline helps me understand how old the city is as well as events that took place within it and the location you gave to me at the beginning of this thread (north east mountains of Khoraja) helps give me a vision of the landscape. Trouble is, its not all in one place Very Happy!

All this information together in a "Kathia" section on the wiki would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Guild History and Information on Kathia   Guild History and Information on Kathia Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:59 pm

Hmm.. How about a headline in the culture part though? Would that do it? I feel like theres kind of alot of sections already :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild History and Information on Kathia   Guild History and Information on Kathia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild History and Information on Kathia
Page 1 of 1